I decided to go with my first concept.
The following are my source photos. I have taken various shots of each asset as I need to make sure I align the positioning of the head with the piggy bank.
I was also unable to find the piggy bank I was after. So I took shots of a couple of different ones. I want to have the porcelain look to mine as it will work with the pieces that are broken. But I like the colour of the pink one. I need to take out the images on the side of the white piggy bank and change it’s colour. I might also blend in some of the features from the pink one as it’s nose etc are more obvious.
Not sure if I will be keeping facial expression or if it will completely be the piggy bank but I kept it just in case!